Look cool. Stay cool.
The new Arai Urban-V open-face helmet blends classic style with cutting-edge Arai protection, comfort and ventilation technology. It’s a classic retro-style open-face helmet rich in period details like traditional stitched faux leather edge trim and interior accents. Though packed with modern technical features that enhance comfort and protection, like a stronger outer-shell silhouette and a (hidden) interior ventilation.
- Outer shell: PB-cLc2 (Peripherally Belted Complex Laminate Construction)
- Arai’s proprietary (super fibre belt) Peripheral Belt, borrowed from our F-1 technology, greatly increases shell strength and flexibility while maintaining low weight and a lower centre of gravity. Positioned across the top of the eye port, this band contributes to the use of a thinner EPS liner which greatly enhances the upward field of view. A specially designed “mechanically expanded fibre mat”, sandwiched between the inner and outer layers of Arai’s proprietary Super Fibre Laminates, is used to reinforce and bond these two Super Fibre layers without adding significant weight to the helmet. The latest “Z-Mixture” resins increases material adhesion requiring less resin for a stronger bond between materials for a thinner and lighter shell.
- Urban-V Ventilation
Air enters through 3 forehead channels, flows over the head pulling away heat as it exits via 3 holes in the EPS liner into the hidden multistage exhaust channel and pulled out through the neckroll Venturi vacuum exhaust ports.
- Hidden multi-stage air channel
Allows hot air to be pulled out of the helmet through 3 holes in the EPS liner to the Twin Venturi Exhaust ports.
- Interior integrated intake channels
Borrowed from our racing heritage, 3 intake channels integrated in the interior of the forehead area, allow fresh air to enter the helmet and flow more easily to the crown.
- Twin Venturi Exhaust Ports
Once hot air enters the hidden multi-stage air channel in the EPS liner, it is pulled out by the low pressure created by the Venturi exhaust ports.
- Antimicrobial Liner material
Helps maintain neutral acidity levels close to human skin and antibacterial consumption. With the aim of a softer, deeper, and even more comfortable fit we developed a softer liner frame material. The liner also has adjustable temple padding that allows for a customized fit.
- Replaceable Cheek pads/Ear cups
Cheek pads/ear cups may be easily removed. All parts (replaceable or not) can be cleaned with lukewarm water and mild soap. Rinse well after cleaning and never dry in direct sunlight or near a heat source. Interior parts in different size thickness are available for a custom fit for every rider.
- Speaker pockets
Built in communication systems are popular, but the problem is often that the room for a speaker is limited or just not present, causing unpleasant pressure points. The speaker pockets, offering room for mounting speakers without effecting comfort or fit. (Speaker not included).
- Split-Crown Pad
Guides the airflow from the inside of the helmet, through the helmet’s interior to the hidden multi-stage air channel.